The University of South Florida welcomes a new president and the Sarasota-Manatee campus is offering new programs to help fill the gaps in certain industry sectors. Learn more about USF and the Sarasota-Manatee campus in this month’s monthly minute.
Additional highlights from the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus:
- The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee is one of five local universities that comprise the Cross College Alliance in Bradenton and Sarasota. Each school has a unique focus, but USFSM is the only comprehensive undergraduate and graduate institution.
- It is a branch campus of the University of South Florida – a preeminent, global research university that is ranked 29th nationally among public research universities with more than $580 million in research expenditures and has 180 undergraduate and 150 graduate and professional programs.
- With its spirit of innovation and deep commitment to meeting the workforce needs of our region, USFSM continues to expand its academic programs and develop new partnerships with regional businesses, contributing $132 million to our region in economic impact.
- This fall, qualified high school students will be able to take college courses through USFSM’s Dual Enrollment program, enabling young people to launch their college and professional careers more rapidly.
- USFSM is nimble, responsive and anxious to meet corporate interests that will improve our community.