BE A CATALYST TO MAKE OUR COMMUNITY THE EPICENTER OF BRAIN HEALTH INNOVATION
The Bradenton Area EDC invites you to join in supporting the Brain Health Initiative at Lakewood Ranch. Added to established community assets like CORE at Lakewood Ranch and the Roskamp Institute, the initiative will be a catalyst to attract additional life sciences investment, expertise and innovation to our region. To support this important economic development effort, the EDC will match contributions up to a total of $50,000 now through July 12.
WHAT IS THE BRAIN HEALTH INITIATIVE?
Lakewood Ranch (LWR), the Academy for Brain Health and Performance, and Massachusetts General Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Teaching Hospital (Mass General), have partnered to design a one-of-a-kind, large-scale effort to address brain health called the Brain Health Initiative at Lakewood Ranch. The initiative proposes the most extensive, long-term brain health study ever conducted, and the Brain Health Innovation Lab, a first-of-its-kind hub for breakthrough science in brain health innovation. The initiative seeks to develop interventions and validate and test the feasibility of innovations to enhance brain health, as well as optimize performance across the lifespan. Multi-generational, community-based research will follow Lakewood Ranch residents for decades to identify factors associated with brain health and performance across the lifespan. The research will be used by a global team of researchers, neuro-technologists, engineers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors to discern, develop, and implement interventions aimed at optimizing brain health and performance. This collaboration will be based in the planned Brain Health Innovation Lab at CORE at Lakewood Ranch. The outcomes developed by the initiative are intended to be replicated and scaled globally.
HOW WILL THE REGION’S ECONOMY BENEFIT?
- Through the Brain Health Initiative, our region will become a living laboratory developing innovations to improve brain health of people throughout the world.
- The Brain Health Initiative will be a catalyst to attract additional life sciences investment, expertise and innovation to our region.
- The caliber and credibility of the organizations involved in this visionary project further validate our region’s position as a prime location for life sciences businesses.
- This work will draw talent from around the world, building a critical mass of life sciences workforce to attract other related businesses.
- The EDC’s regional discussions with the Roskamp Institute and other businesses in the life sciences field have indicated their strong desire to collaborate to foster the sector’s growth here.
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT WITH MATCHING FUNDS FROM THE EDC
The EDC will match dollar-for-dollar — up to a total of $50,000 — contributions made to the initiative from 10 a.m., Wednesday, June 26, through 10 p.m., Friday, July 12. Donate now to double your impact as a catalyst for global brain health – and economic growth in our region.